Spans 44 acres which was donated to the city by Miss Duthie in 1880 and opened to the public in 1883. The park has many artefacts including a bandstand, fountains, ponds, and statues. Within the park is the Winter Gardens, which were rebuilt in 1970. The Winter Gardens within the park house many exotic plants including the largest collection of cacti in Britain! Enjoy family activies from boating in the ponds to cricket on the lawns.
The David Welch Winter Gardens are the third most visited Gardens in Scotland. Now selling houseplants and gifts in a shop at the Fern House by the jumping frog in the pond feature.
The park has cricket on the lawns, bands in the park in summer, and the ponds are to be refurbished if the City receives heritage lottery funding.
There are two children's play areas, a cafe with toilets and toilets within the David Welch Winter Gardens.
8.00am until 1 hour before dusk
Click here for more information and further contact details